Case Study Summary:
- Oil & Gas
Addison Engineering, based in Thornton Cleveleys near Fleetwood, manufacture precision turned and milled components for pharmaceuticals, automotive, aerospace and other industries.
- Perceived low level of morale in the workforce
- Negative feedback accompanied implementation of improvements and strategic activities. The management team needed to know the current issues affecting employee performance
- Defining the questions that needed to be asked to obtain a balanced and factual set of information
- Providing and developing an employee survey database
- Coaching the team through the process for developing and deploying the employee survey
- Helping to interpret the data and information generated by the survey to frame actions and inform communication plans
- Establishing concerns and issues affecting the workforce
- Priority actions identified to deal with work force concerns
- Leadership and management improvement areas identified
- Verifying or challenging the leadership view of priorities for strategic route map objectives and activities
- New avenue for employee engagement
- Standardised diary defining drumbeat reviews and improving review process adherence and quality
Change Management at Addison Engineering
The Need: The management team were concerned at the perceived low level of morale in the workforce and the negative feedback that accompanied the implementation of improvements and strategic activities. Before the workforce could be engaged in change and shop-floor problem solving the management team needed to know the current issues affecting employee performance.
To help the team develop and deploy an effective employee survey process that could be continually developed and used to gauge employee opinions and morale. This involved:
“Prior to the survey we assumed there would be issues with morale potentially affecting performance... the underlying positive responses confirmed that we were already doing a lot of good things to help morale.”
Chris Davies, Manager, Addison Engineering
How can Redthorn help my business?
Don’t just take our word for it
Our software supports over 500 engineering and manufacturing businesses worldwide.
Visit the Knowledge Centre for more information or contact us to talk about how we can help your business grow.