Case Study Summary:
Gardner Aerospace’s activities include 5-axis machining, turning, sheet metal fabrication, nondestructive testing, surface treatments, final assembly and kitting. Gardner’s Integrated Logistics Centre (ILC) manages the delivery of the Group’s manufactured and bought-in products to its key customers, either delivered individually or as kits.
Various UK Sites
- Varying levels of project management skills across the business.
- Transfer of knowledge through presentations, workshop exercises and examples.
- One to one coaching with project leaders.
- Weekly review of tactical implementation plans and monthly review against status of 2 year strategy with the use of 5 box report.
- Clear standards established.
- Routine, frequent and formal measurement of project status.
- Proactive responses to risks leading to detailed risk elimination or mitigation.
- Enabling actions and support highlighted in advance.
- Ease of communication of strategy and the progress against plan.
Tactical Implementation & Plan Creation at Gardner
The Need: As part of the Supply Chain Excellence Programme at Gardner Aerospace, a site based strategy relating to Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery & People is created. This features key projects and major milestones to be able to enhance the performance of the business and provide cost reductions. There were varying levels of project management skills across the business so a simple straightforward approach was required to train the leadership team to deliver successful projects.
Redthorn Ltd practitioners worked with the leadership team at each site to provide them with the tools and techniques to deliver a successful project. Specific guidance was given in the creation of tactical implementation plans (plans that detail the lower level actions required to be taken to achieve the overall strategic objectives of a business).
MEASURE & SUSTAIN
“We have really benefited from doing TIP’s. The most important thing is that they help you keep track of projects and tasks, giving you visibility of your status against plan.”
Andy Cook, Systems & Engineering Manager, Gardner Basildon
How can Redthorn help my business?
Don’t just take our word for it
Our software supports over 500 engineering and manufacturing businesses worldwide.
Visit the Knowledge Centre for more information or contact us to talk about how we can help your business grow.